Google+

Here is a conversation that I find myself having quite often.  Someone will mention to me that they have a headache, and being the nosy guy that I am, I will ask them about it.  9 times out of 10 this person will tell me that it's a just a "normal" headache, to which I always reply "What's a normal headache?"  Everyone gets a headache now and then, but there is always a reason for it.  A headache is not a "normal" state for your body.  In fact it is your body's way of telling you that something is wrong.  You can get a headache for a number of different reasons, but they all fall into 3 different categories.  Here are a few examples from each.

Chemical
-The caffeine junkie whose husband accidentally gets her a decaf
-Food allergies or sensitivities
-Most people on March 18th

Emotional
-Being a new parent (I can relate!)
-Having a fight with a loved one
-Financial troubles

Physical
-Allergies and stuffed up sinuses
-HItting your head on the car door
-Having tight muscles in your neck

Any one of these things can give you a headache, but none of them are normal.  I've had patients who get 2-3 headaches a week, and they have for so long that that has become thier baseline.  Their body is crying out for their attention, but they are so used to dealing with the pain that they ignore it.  These are usually the people that have a serious problem with their necks, and I would say 80% of them have been in an auto accident (but I'll leave that for another post).  All of the problems that I listed above can affect the nerves that come from the vertebrae in the neck.  This irritation to these nerves causes the muscles that correspond to them to spasm and before you know it it's headache time.  Many times the problem is transient and once your body is back to its normal state your headache will disappear.  But sometimes the problem runs deeper and outside help is necessary.

Fortunately chiropractic care can help deal with this problem.  By stretching the muscles of the neck and ensuring that the vertebrae are properly aligned, many times headaches can be dealt with without popping Aleve or other medications.  At home stretches and exercises can also help to keep this problem from returning.  If you or someone you know puts up with "normal" or any type of headaches, please call and make an appointment.  Don't put up with headaches unnecessarily.

Comments

07/26/2011 10:33am

Nine out of ten Americans suffer from headaches. Chiropractic is the most safe, natural and effective treatment for headaches. Say no to drugs and choose chiropractic care!

08/27/2014 6:53am

our progress in opening

12/02/2016 8:26am

Muscle Science weight in case you forget about weight schooling. for the muscle tissues to develop and increase in size they want to be subjected to high-quality stress which can best be performed through weight education.your food plan wishes to be balanced.

05/08/2017 4:36am

I've been experiencing a severe kind of headache almost everyday. Like, it's pretty normal for me to get a headache every single day because I actually got used to having it. So, I'm just so glad that I found this very informative article. Honestly, I've been really thinking of seeing a doctor for a long time and now that you actually recommend it, I think this is the right time for me to make a solution for this. Thank you so much for sharing this very worth reading article with us. I would definitely make an appointment with my doctor to end these headaches of mine.

The other countries or under develop countries who are want to make their country economy will become good and called as developed country. Must watch and observe the planning of the developed countries like USA and UK.

Tension headaches are the most common type of headache and are what we think of as normal, "everyday" headaches.well said

03/13/2016 10:38am

For several years, Botox has been successfully used to treat migraine and tension headaches. The cause of migraine and tension headache is still not entirely clear, several factors play a role. One of the possible triggers of migraine is the involuntary contraction of muscles, particularly those in the face. Since Botox reduces muscle tension, this treatment can help.Read more at amstelzijdekliniek.nl

Online education is the fastest way of growing new degree in all over the world and mostly students in developed countries shifting all their writing and reading work on online education. Here is the best way of learning about assignment work.

06/08/2016 12:38pm

This post is really astounding one! I was delighted to read this, very much useful. Many thanks

12/05/2016 6:14am

Ultimate Testo Explosion the form of a shake or a steak. six food are generally taken into consideration the proper, each for people who are seeking to lose weight and for those who want to gain muscle.but before you go loopy on an all-protein food plan, you ought to recognize.

06/11/2016 12:51am

The points of normal headaches, which you have shared is really authentic because in this situation, everyone feel some headaches. Great! I was looking for exactly the same thing all day yesterday. I really appreciate the post.

06/11/2016 12:34pm

Numerous growths can be forestalled by not smoking, keeping up a sound weight, not drinking a lot of liquor, eating a lot of vegetables, products of the soil grains, inoculation against certain irresistible sicknesses, not eating an excessive amount of handled and red meat, and evading an excessive amount of daylight exposure. Early identification through screening is valuable for cervical and colorectal cancer.The advantages of screening in bosom disease are controversial.Let us serve you, visit our site bergmanclinics.nl for more information.

06/29/2016 7:23am

Hello there I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed visiting your blog and to wish you the best of luck with it in the coming years - Raven Algorfa

07/11/2016 3:41am

create gmail account here.

Hey, can anyone help me how to get this video instructional exercise from this site, I have watched and listen it as of now however might want to down burden it.Hello dear, me in addition to my mother are too watch humorous video cuts aside from after I gotten my work done

07/26/2016 8:35pm

I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task.

08/12/2016 6:41am

Download the official Showbox app here to stream or download free movies and TV shows on your Android device. Free download file and step by step tutorial.

11/16/2016 12:10pm

Custom essay writing according to your requirements!

11/29/2016 12:31pm

"
Responses stretch out from defilements, swelling and injuring, to exacerbation of the more significant skin tissue realizing knocks and never-ending scarring. In phenomenal cases vision has been weakened by imbuing near the eye.

""

""An extensive bit of the plastic authorities, who sometimes manage fillers yet watch patients who experience issues, said they felt people were ignorant of the threats included.
"

11/30/2016 2:18am

Sick who came not to be expected by our bodies. While the circumstances are not good then the person prone to diseases. There are treatment to the clinic for your health back to normal. We provide a doctor who is experienced that can help you, visit us at bodyclinic.nl for body care information

12/31/2016 3:51am

The proper skin care pointers could make the distinction among having so-so searching pores and skin and having the form of pores and skin that makes you the envy of absolutely everyone you encounter. click here cocoonmedicalspa.com to know about health and beauty . if you are questioning that these skin care pointers are all approximately buying highly-priced merchandise, you couldn't be greater incorrect.

Hi all, here every individual is sharing these sorts of capacity, so it's wonderful to examine this website, and I used to go to see this online diary step by step.

01/30/2017 7:43am

Do you snore? If so, this could be a major concern for you. Is your snoring waking you up in the middle of a deep sleep

02/22/2017 5:56am

Go to appvn Apk official website i.e appvn.com and download Appvn apk software Apk file from there. You have two options to choose from jailbreak version and non-jailbreak version

vidmate gives a option to watch youtube video on mobile with low internet conection

03/10/2017 3:50am

CBD Oil which is good in alienating pain might be a good alternative. Research proves that patients found great relief after using this THC low natural health supplement. It has not side effect. If you are using for the first time start with small dosage. Vaping CBD Oil might help in treating Headaches.

Tension headaches are the most common type of headache

05/11/2017 9:56am

All internet connections at home or your workplace needs a router

06/08/2017 8:17am

Headache is not only of one type it has many types and one should not treat it just by considering simple headache.

06/09/2017 5:24am

so it's brilliant to look at this site, and I used to go to see this online journal well ordered. "A broad piece of the plastic experts, who some of the time oversee fillers yet watch patients who encounter issues,

06/15/2017 2:36am

sayang opo koe krumu carite ati ku

07/03/2017 7:51am

More than 10 million individuals in the UK get cerebral pains consistently, making them a standout amongst the most widely recognized wellbeing protestations. Be that as it may, most aren't not kidding and are effectively treated. Much of the time, you can treat your migraines at home with over-the-counter painkillers and way of life changes, for example, getting more rest and drinking enough liquids.

Good work by the blog writer! such a nice and informative article keep sharing more articles.

07/04/2017 1:58am

More than 10 million people in the UK get cerebral torments reliably, making them a champion among the most broadly perceived prosperity protestations. In any case, most aren't dead serious and are adequately treated. A great part of the time, you can treat your headaches at home with over-the-counter painkillers and lifestyle changes, for instance, getting more rest and drinking enough fluids.

07/04/2017 2:00am

so it's splendid to take a gander at this webpage, and I used to go to see this online diary all around requested. "An expansive bit of the plastic specialists, who as a less than dependable rule direct fillers yet watch patients who experience issues,

07/04/2017 2:01am

CBD Oil which is great in estranging torment may be a decent option. Research demonstrates that patients discovered awesome help in the wake of utilizing this THC low regular wellbeing supplement. It has not symptom. In the event that you are utilizing surprisingly begin with little measurement. Vaping CBD Oil may help in treating Headaches.

07/07/2017 7:06am

Great work by the blog author! such a decent and useful article continue sharing more articles.

07/07/2017 7:59am

For evidence of this, consider cases from both science and ordinary experience.ake, by method for instance, Thomas Edison. The acclaimed American innovator rose to conspicuousness in the late nineteenth century in light of his triumphs,

07/07/2017 8:42am

Be careful with straying. Particularly in the draft stage, "talk" and "examination" can lead you starting with one inherently intriguing issue then onto the next, at that point another, and after that

You can use Fotothing to keep a daily record of your life in photographic format, document the growth of your kids, or simply to get public feedback on your latest work of art. The possibilities are endless.

08/07/2017 10:50pm

You may be searching for pain relief after an accident, experiencing an injury, or if you suffer from a specific condition like chronic back pain or a spinal condition.